Sunday, October 11, 2009

Haunted Denim

The other day I was in the park, and amidst the crisp wind -that reminded me to dig out my winter clothes- there was a particular rustle of leaves that made me realize it was Halloween season.  Time for pumpkin seeds and Frankenfurter's mansion... which I can't seem to find a good picture of.  But I did find an appropriately spooky installation at the Diesel Denim Gallery in Tokyo. 

Nature Factory created the surreal forest using various types of plumbing.  I'm pretty much obsessed with the contrast of the dark ceiling with the pristine pipes.  It's always interesting to me when you can see a change happen in the materials, and the transition from rectilinear to controlled chaos is done really well.  It helps to keep the attention on the clothes, while being visually stimulated by what is above.
It gives the whole store a new experience, entering a mysterious forest with only the jeans to guide your way.  Would you make it out unscathed?




No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?