Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall Backwards

Wow, laggy laggy.  What a week!
Things are picking up at both works and I did a little freelancing on the side.  I had my aunt staying with me, as well as my dear friend, who was in town with her exhibition promoting health care reform.  I lent a wee hand in the beginning stages of design a few months ago, but the ball quickly started rolling, and it turned out wonderful.  You can follow her journey here.  
I built what can be considered my home office, after realizing that the hunchback (gobbo) situation of my previous workstation did not behoove productivity in any way.  I inherited a lovely old drafting desk that has its charm. Though I wish I was doing some hand drafting these days, just a little.  I regret tossing my t-square.  Anyways, a pic soon to come.  
A friend and I joined the NY chapter of Architecture for Humanity.  So far in the beginning stages of getting involved, but hopefully will jump in on a project soon.  It's a really great concept- a way to give back using project-specific talents.  I like the idea that I can give a service that also challenges me to think.  I don't want to count my chickens yet, so for now here's the link to their website.  
Now that the time changed, suddenly I feel like a night owl just walking home from work.  Since we're all busting out lamps lately, here's a neat one:

The Tribe by Ingo Maurer


...And my top favorite Halloween costumes that I saw:
1. Large man dressed as Julia Child (curly wig, rolling pin, voice suddenly booming "Hello dear!")
2. Double Dare contestant (tshirt, helmet with cup attached, determined expression)
3. Data from the Goonies (punching bag coming out of chest, dangling clippy teeth, weaving through crowd like an awkward sneak)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?