Thursday, March 25, 2010

BKLYN DESIGNS 2010

The BKLYN Designs site launched this week (too cool for vowels).  It's a show where local Brooklyn companies exhibit their work.  This will be my first year going, so I'm pretty excited.
My company is heavily involved this year, including an installation with reclaimed furniture.  Details later, but the hunt for said furniture led us to an incredible smörgåsbord of random objects in a seven-story building in downtown Brooklyn two days ago.  I wish I had pictures, so I"ll try to describe.  As the landlord- who was nice enough to donate a lot of stuff- led us through the floors, it got more and more interesting.  Things, everywhere.  Some of the things inside were: stacks of windows,  two sky blue velvet Louis XIV armchairs atop a pile of thirty or so other chairs, a six foot glass and concrete bird feeder, carnival stuff including a carousel horse and vintage scale, a cupcake factory fragrantly making miniature cupcakes, several notable Knoll chairs, and artists creating mechanical sculptures in neon and gold.  Needless to say, I was overwhelmed, but it made for an interesting Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?