Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pint-Sized.

Spring spring spring spring spring SPRING!
The other night I was eating dinner in the Lower East Side, and had these small burgers that you dip in cheese fondue.  I know.  Now I've seen what they call "sliders" before, never ordered, but these bad boys were adorable!  We're talking quarter-sized.  It was one of the most entertaining meals I've had in a while. 
And I got to thinking, what makes miniature things so interesting?
Maybe it's the cute factor, or just the surprise of scale.  It reminds me of making models in school, which reminded me of my old dollhouse.  Perhaps the whole allure of the dollhouse, and the miniature, is that you just feel powerful being so much larger than the objects?  Whatever the case, whenever I have a kid, guy or girl, it's gonna get a dollhouse.  Mine was purple and lavender, two stories, classic Victorian-style.  My aunt made it for my sister and I.  I tried unsucessfully to carpet it and made several chests of drawers using matchboxes because I read about them in The Borrowers. 
Some new dollhouses and furniture-  (I hope you squeal just a little bit.)

(Weburbanist, Daddytypes, Makezine, Furniture Store Blog, Metro UK, Inhabitots) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?