Thursday, June 24, 2010

Where's Tim the Toolman When You Need Him.

An interesting/busy couple of days.  My side work lately had become complicated due to lack of desk.  The other day after work, filled with vigor, I found this wall mounted shelf/table in a discarded pile that I planned on putting in the niche by my bed.  Fast forward a half hour and the scene was grizzly- drywall a mess, books everywhere, and both the temperature and frustration boiling.  Just before I almost gave up on the thing, my sister came to the rescue, and with logical thinking solved everything.  Now I've got a lovely workspace where I can work whenever, on whatever.
Including- designed my invoices!  Personal milestone.  Question is, do most people who freelance just use their name, or do they have some kind of company name?  Also, what are the benefits of having a "company"?  If I wanted to get something for my computer to help with freelancing, a. Could I write part of it off for taxes? b. Do I have to have a company name to do that?  I hung out in Barnes & Noble last night (air conditioning) and picked up this book that should answer those questions... I hope. 
Also in the works, potential hosting site change, updating portfolio, yadda yadda.
My brain is sizzling, so lastly, here's the link to the Architizer page for the flyNY project I worked on (graphics).  Kite design competition, this August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?