Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Treehouse Fantasy


I am extremely excited about this exhibition, Treelife, put on by The Cool Hunter.  It's celebrating eco-architecture and design in a ton of different ways.  When I was a kid I used to design tree houses for the plum tree and giant cactus in my backyard.  Needless to say, they were not very structurally sound.   
Anyways, I hope this event is somewhere close to New York and that I can go oggle.  It's next year some time.  Looking forward to the actual tree house designs the most,  though I am very intrigued by the LED light shows.

If I had my way, we'd build tree house-like rooms floating up in our loft.  Here's a quick sketch of one petite idea, paper lantern-esque.  Operable windows that you flip up maybe, facing the large loft window only. Oh, to dream!



Update [10/11]: Looks like treehouses are in.  Build LLC designed one for the launch of a new Microsoft product.  I really dig how it kind of feels like the ribs of a whale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?