Sunday, July 11, 2010

GOOOAAAALLLL

In the World Cup spirit, Puma created a pop up store and lounge in South St. Seaport. Designed by architects LOT-EK, the space held events, performances, and game viewings during the frenzy. It launched in June, but I only went last week for a dj I wanted to see.
I'm a big fan of pop-ups.  They're a chance for a company to do something creative with a low budg.  Most times it's a little more daring than the stores a brand usually has.  Picture lots of MDF, neon lights in kitchy sports themes, foosball, ping ping, etc.  I liked the big chalkboard wall- entertaining. 
Also, might I add, Puma has recently created a non-shoe box using 65% less material than their previous boxes.  These are more of a sleeve over a cardbord frame.  I don't have any Pumas, but I'll consider it after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?